Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hi people! It was a great day today. This morning we started with Arlington National Cemetery-it was very sombering. I found it hard to fathom the number of graves, and it changes the meaning of the word sacrifice in my mind. Then, this afternoon, we went to the Smithsonian-it was amazing!! The museums were absolutely huge! My (new) friends and I were only able to hit a couple of them, but what we saw was amazing. On the way back to the bus it startedto pour rain on us (very typical weather in D.C., I've heard), so we caught a ride on he Natianal Mall carousel, which was sweet! I hadn't been on one on years! Anyway we are enjoying a beautiful cruise on the Potomac River now, so I want to enjoy it; TTYL, friends! ~Abigail Majerus


-Posted from the field for Missouri Youth Tour 2010!

No comments: