Monday, June 15, 2009

Wow, what a day at Washington D.C.

Wow...Thats all I can say after a day like today. I never expected so much inspiration off of a simple trip to Washington D.C. I believe I speak on the behalf of everybody on the Youth Tour when I say the motivational speaker Mike Scheippi was an inspiration to us all. He spoke words that I will keep with me the rest of my life. The Memorials that I have seen today are larger than life. You just cant quite grasp the centimental value of the memorials on the television. You just have to be there to see them. After years of hearing my family talk about my grandfather Bill Wayne Grant who died in Vietnam, I finally got to see his name on the Wall and I nearly broke down. I was just so proud. Not just of my grandfather, but of all the people who fought and died for our great nation we call the United States. This is definatly a day I will never forget, and maybe one day I will have the privilage of coming back here to Washington, and maybe next time I will be able to bring the rest of my family so they can share in the wonderful experiences.

Trevor Ball

No comments: