Saturday, June 11, 2011

A New Adventure

I knew I was going to have a good time, but I had no idea that I would meet so many different people with so many different ideas. Coming from rural Northeast Missouri I have been very sheltered to many happenings. Today was my first time outside of the Midwest and my first time on a plane. The plane ride was kind of... sketchy. It wasn't as smooth as I would have liked it, but I'm here in Washington DC and that's all that matters. I have met people from Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, South Dakota, South Carolina, Minnesota, Tennessee, Georgia, and Texas! So many different accents and different cultures and each of them are all so unique! DC is beautiful and I can't wait to experience the rest of the trip. Thank you to all of the rural electric cooperatives for making this trip possible!

--Kathleen Hinkle

No comments: